Heritage Christian Athletics
Heritage Christian Academy is a member of the Alabama Independent School Association. We currently offer team sports at the Varsity and Junior High levels for Boys/Girls Cross Country, Girls Volleyball, Boys/Girls Basketball, Boys/Girls Cheer, Boys Baseball, Girls Softball, Boys/Girls Track & Field, and Boys/Girls Golf. For elementary students we provide opportunities in athletics for cross country, basketball and volleyball. Our program has had proven success over the years with appearances in state play-offs and championships. Several of our graduates have signed athletic scholarships to play sports at the collegiate level. These accolades are a testament to hard work, dedication and a desire to succeed. See Athletic Achievement page for a listing of our Post Season success by sport.
HCA Athletic Philosophy
Heritage Christian Academy athletics plays an integral part in our student’s total education experience. The athletic program is designed to create success for our student athletes on and off the field. Student athletes will benefit from the development of physical fitness, leadership, teamwork, self-discipline and integrity. It is our desire to see each student athlete express saving faith in Jesus Christ and to demonstrate a growing character formed in His likeness. The following lists the five key focus areas for HCA Athletics:
- The athletic program exists to glorify God
- The first concern is the heart of the student athlete
- The program’s success will be measured on the character and conduct of the student athtletes, coaches and fans
- We will do our best, as unto the Lord
- We will actively seek to share the good news of Christ
HCA Sportsmanship Code
- We will seek to honor Christ in our conduct
- We will show love and respect to the opposing teams and their fans
- We will respect the judgments of the officials
- We will support and encourage our student athletes during the game
- We will support the decision-making of our coaches
For information regarding our Athletic Program, contact Dave Scherbarth at 205-978-6019 or email@example.com.